- Shannon Sharp Ground Breaking Ceremony Photo Excerpt - 06/12/2016
- Gather for Our Next Highland Lakes Ground-Breaking! - 06/12/2016
- The Milligan Family Home Story - 04/11/2015
- The Dinino Family Home Story - 04/11/2015
- The Vila Family Home Story - 10/27/2013
In February 2015, we held the dedication ceremony after many months of work! The Highland Lakes Master Gardeners again helped us to landscape the house. This build brought us many new volunteers, new business supporters and expanded media coverage and for all of these things, we feel very blessed.
In October 27th, 2013we held the groundbreaking ceremony for our next partner family- The Vila’s. Actual work on the house was delayed until May, 2014. The home will be located in Marble Falls on one of our newly acquired lots.
Volunteers and Volunteer Wanna-Be’s,
Yes, it is true: We finally are ready to “break ground” on Highland Lakes 21st Habitat for Humanity house. Located in Hoover Valley, just down the road from Perissos Winery, the future home will belong to Shannon Sharp and her family.
Please join Shannon and her family for the “official” ground breaking ceremony:
|When?||Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.|
|Where?||316 Comanche Drive, Hoover Valley, TX (See map)|
|Who?||Past volunteers, new volunteers, family, HLH board members|
|How long?||Short, probably 10 to 15 minutes|
WIIFM?* (What’s in it for me?)
- An opportunity to meet and greet Shannon and her family
- See old buddies from previous HLH builds
- Find new buddies for this build
- Meet the Project Director, Ron Duncan
- Welcome the new HLH President, Willie Reinders
- Feel good that you are contributing to our community
We hope that you can join us and encourage your friends and acquaintances to check us out. Very light refreshments will be served.
Director, Community Relations
304 Avenue M, Marble Falls
The story of the Dinino home begins….. First day of construction on Saturday, April 11th. Great turnout of volunteers, no rain and a GREAT start!
A lot of progress has been made since we started framing on April 11th. Soon the shingles will be up, windows installed and interior work started.